This free four-hour course is designed for those interested in learning about the 2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen). Cities across California are required to enforce the 2016 California Green Building Code on January 1, 2017. The course will review Residential and Non-Residential standards and demonstrate how designers and developers are addressing the requirements. New or updated standards will be highlighted in order to contrast
changes from the previous code cycle.
- Summarize the origins and evolution of CALGreen and how the code fits in with California’s Zero Net Energy (ZNE) goals
- Highlight new code changes that were adopted in 2016 and enforced in 2017
- Discuss challenges city officials, developers and designers have had in interpreting and implementing the code
- Review and interpret California Green Building Standards Code requirements as they relate to design and construction
- Share real world green code examples and lessons learned from design to construction
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Workshop: 8:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Temecula Conference Center
41000 Main Street
Temecula, CA 92590